Monday, April 28, 2014

A to Z Challenge: Q is for Quarantine


"You can't keep me here! I've been locked in this room for days! At least I think it's been days..."

Silence.

"Don't I have rights? How can you just do whatever you want because of my health status? Please... won't somebody talk to me?"

Silence.

"There's nothing wrong with me. I'm fine. I swear I'm fine. Can anyone hear me?"

Silence.

"Please... Don't make me do something extreme."

Silence.

CRASH.

Silence.

"Okay. I've calmed down. I'm sorry. I'm just going crazy in here. I just need something. Some contact. I won't touch you. I won't throw things. I promise."

Silence.

"I know you don't trust me. I'll behave. I'll follow all your rules. I promise I'm fine now. Please, just talk to me."

Silence.

"Fine. Be that way. I'll sit here until someone comes. I'll be good. You'll see."

Silence.

"My skin is clear. I'm not coughing. No diarrhea. No fever. Why are you keeping me here? I'm fine. Can't you see I'm fine?"

Silence.

"I'm not crying. It's just dry in here. I'm fine."

Silence.

"Maybe you can't hear me because I'm not here. Hello? HELLO? Echo...echo...echo..."

Silence.

"I exist."

Silence.

"Don't I?"

Silence. Silence. Silence.

"Are you in there?"

"Yes! I'm here! Are you real?"

"We're letting you out now. I'm sorry for the extreme measures, but we had to protect you. You were the only one not infected."

"So why are you letting me out now?"

"We were too late. Your test came back positive."




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow! I hope you come back (maybe read some of my other stuff), and I'll check out your blog! Congrats on finishing the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be quite a distressing feeling.
    The blogging team that I'm part of likes to write horror and science fiction too.
    I'm visiting from the A to Z challenge list. One of my team's blogs is KHEL 666 Radio Netherworld.

    ReplyDelete