Friday, November 2, 2012

NaNoWriMo

Okay, guys. I really did not plan on doing this year's Nanowrimo. I'm in the middle of a book. I didn't want to drop everything and start a new one, but I couldn't help but be a little interested. So I looked into it. The stated goal of NaNoWriMo is to write everyday for a month and achieve the goal of 50,000 words in 30 days. Guess how much I have left to finish on my manuscript?

So I'm not starting a new book. I'm finishing one. I wrote 1,312 words yesterday and I'm getting ready to write today. If you're interested in participating you can join here. It's free to sign up and this website provides great info on how to accomplish your individual goal. You can also track your stats as the month goes on. Based on my one day of writing, I'll be finished on December 8th. So I need to step it up.

I probably won't be writing any lengthy blog posts over the next month, but I will try to write an update at least once a week so you can track my progress with me.

If you are doing Nanowrimo and need some encouragement, feel free to contact me. Writing may be a fairly solitary activity, but you are not alone. We can all do this.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment