Friday, July 25, 2014

365 Day Photo Challenge

My boyfriend is a photographer. A pretty great one. (Check out his gallery here!) But he felt like he was in a bit of a rut. Now as a writer and a visual artist, this is a state with which I am intimately familiar. So he decided to start a new project to jolt him out of stasis. The idea is that you take at least one picture everyday. You can take more, but you have to pick one per day. He even started an open Facebook Group for anyone who would like to participate.

Now I am not nor have I ever claimed to be a photographer. But the idea of documenting one year out of my life in a single picture per day sounded interesting. So I decided to give it a shot.

I'm not using a fancy camera, just my phone. I'm also posting everything through my instagram (you can follow my instagram here). Yesterday was day 52 for me. I'm honestly surprised I've lasted this long and I wanted to share what I've done so far. Don't expect Annie Liebovitz or Ansel Adams. Instead expect random moments of my life. And cats. Lots and lots of cats.


Get Adobe Flash player
Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

If you are interested in joining the Facebook group, just click the words "Facebook Group" up in the top paragraph and request an invite. It's open to anyone who wants to give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment